After a very long wait and weeks of anxiety, finally we have the new jailbreak in town. This comes from the Luca Todesco and named as Yalu Jailbreak. There are people who are very much surprised that the Todesco has given jailbreak to us as he isn’t known in sharing his exploits in form of the public jailbreak. But, he told us that it can be his last jailbreak for a time now so we must make most of this.
Yalu is the 1st Jailbreak for the iOS 10 and 10.2
This particular Jailbreak method isn’t untethered. It’s Semi untethered like previous Pangu Jailbreak ( example iOS 9.2 and 9.3.3 )
This means you need to Jailbreak whenever you reboot the device. However, you do not want to use your computer. Cydia is completely functional, unfortunately it isn’t stable. It is the Basic jailbreak and you should have idea to access iOS system root for placing other components. Each Jailbreak apps or tweaks aren’t working with such Jailbreak (till now)
Before you start jailbreak, you should complete the below requirements in order to avoid any unnecessary issues.
Prerequisites for Yalu Jailbreak
- Your computer must run the latest iTunes version, or update this to latest.
- Check your device compatible for the Yalu102 & Yalu mach-portal when you start the jailbreak.
- Disable My iPhone and Reactivate when jailbreak is done.
- Disable Touch id & regular passcode – and reactivate when jailbreak completes.
- Backup your device data when start and you may do it iTunes and iCloud methods.
Download Yalu Jailbreak
- Download Yalu – Download Files necessary for the Yalu jailbreak before the jailbreak.
Step by Step guide
01. Connect the iOS device on your computer by using the USB cable
02. Then open the Cydia Impactor app
03. Select on Yalu IPA file and drop this to the Cydia Impactor
04. Then type Apple ID & Password on the popup boxes when Cydia Impactor wants
05. Waits for the IPA sign
06. Now Cydia Impactor may sign the Yalu IPA and install the Yalu jailbreak application on iOS device
07. When installed you need to trust this application. Thus, go at Settings and General and Profile and you will find Yalu jailbreak developer app. Trust it by clicking it.
08. Now again go to the home screen and open “Yalu 102” app installed on your iOS device.
09. Now allow the yalu jailbreak tool to install cydia app.
10. Finally your iOS device will be restart and after the restart you will see Cydia app on your Home screen.
When you start Jailbreak :
- It is the beta jailbreak; it means it’s likely to have bugs and not very stable. Todesco has suggested that high care has to be taken and install jailbreak if you’re experienced or app developer
- Yalu isn’t very simple to install the jailbreak like we generally get. It should be side loaded by using Cydia Impactor & you will require Apple ID
- Finally, in a same way that the PPHelper was, it is the semi-untethered jailbreak & will need to get reinstalled when the device gets rebooted
- It won’t remove any jailbreak files of your device, however it may disable the jailbreak and allow you to install the later build of jailbreak tool while you choose to do it again. In order, to remove all the files, you should update to latest firmware, then you cannot jailbreak it again.